These are the basic steps to get you started when you are new to the College and University:
- Activate your SSO (Single-sign on) account : This is the Identity and Authentication system at the University and is your key means for connecting to University systems including your email. Your username and activation code will be sent by email to the address held for you by the University. Please activate this account as soon as possible. More information about the SSO account is available here. During the activation process you will be prompted to set a second authentication method, this can be using the MS Authenticated App, a text message, a call your mobile phone etc. The preferred method is to use the MS Authenticator App, so make sure you have downloaded the app to your phone and have your mobile phone ready. See the MFA Authentication page for more details.
- Register for a Remote Access Account : Register for this here once you have set your SSO password. It is the password set here that you will use to connect to the wireless, called Eduroam. For more information, follow this link.
Register with the University: To do this, go to www.evision.ox.ac.uk and sign in with your SSO. Then go to My Student Record and click on Register. This must be done by the end of the first week of term.
- Email/Office 365 : The University email system is provided by Microsoft Office 365 and is often referred to as Nexus or Nexus 365. Your email account will be generated on creation of your University Card and is accessed by your SSO account. Your email address will normally be in the format of: email@example.com. You can access your email via a web at https://outlook.office365.com or by adding the account to your preferred email client (instructions here).
Upay: You will at some point receive an email to your University email address with your login details for Upay and instructions on how to set your password. The username for your account is your University email address. Upay can be accessed via the web at https://www.upay.co.uk or via an app which can be downloaded via the Google Play or Apple App stores. When logging into Upay via either the app or the website, use the username and password fields on the login page to log in using your Upay credentials that were emailed to you. There is also the option to log in using your SSO, which you can do by selecting “Single Sign On” from the Upay login screen. Once you have logged into Upay, you will need to top up your balance to allow you to book onto events or make purchases in College by tapping your University card.
- Download Software Tools : As an active student or staff member at Oxford University you are entitled to certain software for free. You can download Office 365 which includes the usual Microsoft Office software suite but also Teams and OneDrive. You’ll be able to do this once you have set up your SSO. More information and a guide to installation can be found here. You can also download the anti-virus software, Sophos, from the very useful Registration pages here: https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/self/software. Instructions for installation on various platforms can be found here.
- Information Security Training: Link to online training for staff and students